Wednesday 10 March 2010

It's Smokinnnng


Everyone has their own choice to smoke, everyone has there own reasons to do it. I myself do not smoke and never have done, however many of my friends do. I myself do not agree with it and think for health reasons people should try their best not too. Not only for them selves but also to save money for the NHS .


However it is not that simple, for those who do smoke it can sometimes become an addiction. Pier pressure plays a big part in smoking as you are young as some teenagers believe it is "cool" and makes them feel grown up. Some people smoke to loose weight, to relieve stress, or for social reasons. Many smokers are in denial.


I used to work as as a Stop smoking advisor and out of 10 people only 2 managed to stop. Most of my patients were unaware of the exact harm that smoking does. One thing I did learn when I was working as an advisor is that its not as easy for people to quit. Smoking becomes apart of a persons life so it is like not eating any more. However people are given choices in the world today so it is up to them whether they wish to smoke or not in my opinion.


The NHS stop smoking site is a good way to stop smoking. It gives excellent advice and has various ways of helping you to quite.



No comments:

Post a Comment