Thursday 8 April 2010

Liar Liar your pants are on fire!


Is it wrong to tell a lie?

When we are children we are not told to lie as it's bad but why is it that adults them selves are the ones lying. Growing up we listen to stories such as the boy who cried wolf and watched movies like Pinocchio. But why isit that we still carry on to lie.

I would say that most people at least once in their life has told a lie. Most people lie to change circumstances to suit them selves. For example to manipulate others, or to win over others. Lying is used for devious means as the intent for lying could be bad.


However I do believe there is such a thing as a good lie as it may have good intentions behind it. For example lying to protect someone you care about.


I do think lying can be quite addictive too because when no harm is done with telling one lie what harm would come from telling 100 lies. However if the truth is told then that's when trouble occurs.


Most religions will teach to live a an honest life. Being Sikh myself I know that it is in our religion that we live and earn a truthful and honest living. However in my personal opinion I think sometimes a white lie is in need of from time to time. But on the other hand what is the point of lying becasue is it not our selves we are lying too?


This link I have posted is a sikh story which is about truth and honesty. This story as a moral behind it.


Response to Ameena's blog
I totally agree with what you have said about it is much more harder when someone is lying to you. Its always hard to forget what the other person might be feeling. Its a pretty sensitive topic! But good post!

No comments:

Post a Comment